For the purpose of this website, references to “TerrAscend”, “us”, “our”, “we”, etc. may also include our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates.
1. Personal Information, Collection, Use, and Storage
B) What information do we collect
It is our policy to comply with Canadian privacy laws and regulations and in order to follow the applicable laws and provide you with the best possible service, we collect information from various sources, as explained below. This information may include:
- Your name, address, telephone number, address, other contact information, gender and birthdate;
- Or this same information from a person who is responsible for you such as a Power of Attorney, appointed representative, guardian, etc.
- Any preferences or feedback you may provide;
- Demographic and profile data (through cookies, IP addresses, and other metadata); and
- Any other information you volunteer, or we are permitted or required by law or regulation to collect.
C) How do we collect Personal Information
D) We collect your Personal Information after your consent
It is important that we have your consent to collect, use your Personal Information. Please be aware that your consent may be express or implied. Please note that by posting on message boards or through social media, Personal Information could be collected, published, reposted, and is considered public.
E) Why we collect Personal Information
To meet the legal and regulatory requirements, including:
- Managing, administering, collecting or otherwise enforcing accounts;
- Maintaining business records and generally managing and administering business including defending and bringing legal actions;
- Analyzing, developing and improving our product, services and offerings;
- Providing updates, alerts, bulletins, or other similar communications about us, our products and services;
- Providing news, promotions and other communications about our investor relations, products and services; and
- For any other additional purposes in accordance with relevant laws or regulations.
F) How do we store Personal Information
2. Disclosure of Personal Information
When do we disclose your Personal Information
We do not use or disclose Personal Information for purposes other than those for which we have collected it without your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law. We may be required to disclose Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- If required by law or regulation.
- Responding to lawful access requests from law enforcement personnel regarding clients.
- To legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors in connection with, reorganization, or management of all or part of our business or operations.
- As consented to, by an Individual from time to time, including for fulfilling any other purposes that are identified when the personal information is collected.
- To our affiliates, partners, providers, directors, officers, or employees, including those outside of Canada, for internal audit, management or administrative purposes including defending and bringing legal actions.
How do we protect your Personal Information
Personal Information is maintained on our (or our service provider’s) servers. All of our employees, representatives and agents have access to Personal Information only if deemed necessary and in connection with their role. We protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of Personal Information with security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including using physical, organizational, and technological measures and appropriate training of our employees and other reasonable security measures. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be fully secured. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit
to us or other information which we may obtain from your use of the Site, and you use the Site and provide us with your Personal Information or any other information at your own risk.
4. Opting Out
You may choose to opt out of certain components
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation prohibits us from sending “Commercial Electronic Messages”, such as advertisements, without consent. You will have an opportunity to opt out of any messages at any time.
6. Contact Us
You can reach out to us at our mailing or email address below:
P.O. Box 43125
Mississauga, ON, and/or firstname.lastname@example.org L5C 2R9
This website (http://www.terrascend.com/) is owned and operated by TerrAscend Corp., which we reserve the right to update, and was last updated on June 18, 2019.